Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Poor Addie, Poor Meggie, and Poor Mommy

So today I took Addison into her one year check up---hence the title of this post. Let's just say it was a traumatic experience. Of course she had to have shots..I knew that and even though she is the fourth child I still don't "get over" the shot thing. I hate it. I tried to warn Megan what was going to happen. It didn't matter. Addie was crying that horrible awful cry and looking at me like "how could you?" I mean really WHY do they ask the mom to hold the baby? Anyway..so then Megan just starts screaming. For some reason she has this horrible feeling toward bandaids--I mean she had one put on her and she screamed for like 30 min. until it was taken off and since then, every now and then she will randomly tell me she doesn't like bandaids (even if no one is hurt or anything). So....needless-to-say, the nurse is doing the shots and putting bandaids on Addie and Megan is beside herself so here I am trying to pick up Addie who is screaming and trying to comfort hysterical Megan at the same time. Obviously we got through it, but...I really don't want to have to do that again:( I know many moms do it, but I'm just not "tough enough" for that one. On top of the immunizations she was pricked on the finger for a hemoglobin test, she is teeting, AND she had an ear infection:( Poor poor baby.

On a happier note to end on (ha). Addie's stats: She wieghed 18 lbs. 2.5 oz and is 30 .5 inches long. "Tall and skinny" from the doctor's mouth (89% and 8%):)

3 comments:

Tisha said...

Jonas just got his 6 mo shots yesterday and it was a "float" nurse who rarely does Pediatrics...she just wasn't as "quick" with the shots as most peds nurses usually are...Jonas is fine, but I am STILL traumatized!

kelie said...

I make Matt take sick time off work and come with me. It's the only way to go! :) But then again, I'm a baby.

Cass Bradshaw said...

I so hear ya.
I'm dreading having to take Jade in next week... kindergarten shots!
AHhhhh! It's so mean, why can't they just make a pill?! (They have one for everything else.) At least these should be the last of it for a while- at least for her.