Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Bunny Busted

So our Easter Bunny comes on Saturday. This year I had a note that told the kids that he gave clues to their mom and dad to help them find their baskets. It was really fun to do it that way. Anyway ...then yesterday Haley tells Dave that:
"Dad I think I figured something out."
Dave: What's that?
Haley: I think I figured something out about the Easter Bunny. That it's not real."
Dave: "Oh?"
Haley: "I was with mom when she bought those wiffle balls for Jordan." (Which, I might say she was NOT with me when I bought them. I took a second and looked at them but did not buy them)
Haley: "So the guy at the mall that dresses up at the mall---he must tell you what we told him?";)

Then today at lunch:
Haley (with a mischievious little grin) "So...if the Easter Bunny isn't real, then I bet Santa isn't real either."

I was worried she would be upset but she was so proud of herself for figuring it out;! Of course we talked about what was really important about both of those holidays and that she shouldn't ruin the surprise for those who still believed (it is so hard for her to keep a secret right now;)It's kind of nice not having to worry about it because we don't do a big push about it anyway but then a little sad to be reminded of how fast they really do grow up. Who would have thought a stroll down the wiffle ball aisle would give it away?

1 comment:

Speaks Family said...

What a little stinker! She is too smart for her own good. Gavin figured it out this year too but he's 7!