Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Birthday


This is what I woke up to---well really it was Addie crying at 6:45 a.m.:) but then as I walked out to the kitchen this is what I saw:
I couldn't believe it!!! Even Addie when she saw it said "I don't want to go out and play in it"--we are all sick of it. :) I can't remember when it has snowed on my birthday (but I am getting older so maybe my memory has truly failed me---hahaha)
I felt really blessed though as I got sweet messages from friends and family and got serenaded twice and I took it for all it was worth--hey why not? I'm not getting any younger..

My twin brother:) came in at midnight which I loved. Yes, we're old but we have always loved celebrating our bday together even as the years have passed and miles have separated us (we're really 2 years and like 30 minutes apart). I am so excited for his new adventure as he and his family are moving (sad it is further away) so it was so awesome to see him even for just a small amount of time. I tried to cook (key word here as we both know he is the chef and not me) him a special breakfast before he had to leave in the morning and we both tried something new for our new year ahead----cactus....why not?
Then we played Olan Mills photo shoot:) If you need a good laugh you can find a whole bunch at awkwardfamilyphotos.com
The hand was the special touch:) Love you Jeffer!!! Happy bday--thanks for stopping by so we could celebrate together!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy belated birthday! Sorry you got snow.. ugh! Great to see pics of you and Jeff!

ps.. I need to check into that family fun cookbook. Is that the one you use for FHE?