So we decided to tackle Jordan's room----just paint and a new fan (well, that is how it started--eventually we'll have the floor refinished). So this is what we had----
I found a blanket we all could mostly agree on:) and we went to the paint store, matched the color and got this:
All we needed to do was finish the trim a bit and put everything back together. We did decide to change the closet doors and get a closet organizer (I'm SO excited about this--true nerd I know but I am looking forward to assembling that--even if it's not like those thousand dollar dream organizers).... Then with the new light we were looking at the room and felt like the blue was more of a purple blue:( "too girly" and it didn't match the blue on his bed--so paint the furniture? No. A shade lighter maybe...So after several hours of thinking, searching, etc. I was back at the store. Thought we'd go more neutral....so then we got this:

Then last night after halfway around the room Dave says "why didn't we just move the girls over to this room?" ahhhhh.... So I'm glad today is Sunday:) and we are taking a break. So I guess until next time: to be continued...

3 comments:
That is so funny. I have a hard time picking out paint colors. We painted the boys room blue in our last house and I swore I would never do that again. We had the paint matched to their bedspreads and I ended up not liking it at all and swore I would always do neutral colors, but now I want to paint my bathroom lime green but hopefully Phillip will talk me out of it. :)
Blue is such a hard color to work with! I bet you'll like the neutral a lot more. I painted my bedroom three times before I got something I really liked, so you're way ahead of me, Angela!
We tried for a neutral color in the back room and when we started painting, what was supposed to be a light cool brown turned to more of a salmon color. Yes, PINK salmon. Needless to say we took the paint back to the store and got it retented. Oh the joys of remodeling!
Post a Comment