
Every year the kids draw names for each other and they get to give something to their sibling. In the past we've given them a budget and taken them out and divided and conquered. This year we changed it a bit and said they had to "make" something for each other. We are still working on a few (but I am trying to finish up really quick since the baby time is coming closer:)). It has been fun because it has provided us (the parents) individual time with each kid as we work with them to make their gifts. Of course I can't post them as little eyes might see the cool stuff but I think this one is safe since the baby is not going to know (ha). Megan helped pick out the material and lay out the pattern, put pins away for me:). I've always wanted to try a rag quilt so it was fun. I've also been working on other stuff like taggies, burp clothes, a chime bag (we're making chimes--so fun) and other Christmas goodies. It has been a little weird because the weather was like 78 this week--notice I am not complaining: but it is a little different wrapping Christmas in that but it has been so fun. Christmas is going so special. I love this time of year:)
1 comment:
Looks great! And Meggy looks so proud of herself too.
Post a Comment