Monday, December 6, 2010

Our Elf on the Shelf


I don't know if you've seen this before but this is the first year I've seen this idea. We try new traditions each year and thought this might be fun with the kids..... So elf (which you are supposed to name and personalized but we haven't come to a conclusion yet) comes to your house and watches each day what you do and reports back to Santa each night. When he comes back, he is in a new spot and you have to find him. The only rule is that you can't touch him. You can talk to it and tell all your wishes to it but you can't touch. Anyway...I just have to report that on the first morning I saw Addie look at it and shake her bootie and say "na na boo boo" (which btw I have no idea where she learned that from:( ) to it----I don't think she got the idea of it too well eh? Either that or she doesn't care about getting coal in her stocking!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

We have one of those too! Our kids love it.

vickim said...

What a neat idea! I can just see Addie doing that. What a kick!

Cari said...

You know you actually can buy figurines made out of coal? I got one for my dad one year. :)

Anonymous said...

Apparently there's a book - Christopher the Elf I believe is what it's called!